gnome-terminal size incorrect in fc17

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jul 5 14:53:50 UTC 2012

I modified the properties in the terminal launcher, such that it opens a 100x32
terminal.However, the actual size is somewhat less than that, such that I have
to use:
   --geometry 101x32
to get the full 100 printing characters. This does not seem to be the case with
GNOME2 systems, and it happens in GNOME3, XFCE, and Cinnamon. I think it's a bug
in gnome-terminal. The old fc14/RHEL6 version gives me what I request. I tried
setting a custom default size in edit->preferences, which did not change the
behavior.

Will push to bugzilla later today unless someone winds fault with my test.
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>