sda2 is corrupted

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jul 5 17:30:43 UTC 2012

Am 05.07.2012 19:15, schrieb Jim:
> Fedora 17
>
> the sda2 /home is corruoted and it changed /home partitiion to UNKNOWN
> and it won't let me change the label back to /home

what does "mount /dev/sda /home" say in "dmesg"`

> I have tried to use fedora and Gparted with no luck

you should not play around before
knowing what problem the drive has

if it is a physical problem google for "ddrescue"

> There are some important data files  I must save off of sda2

what about BACKUPS?

ff your data is important backups exists
if your data is not important it does not matter

why do people still need to learn it the hard way?