And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:52:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Edward M <edwardm1 at live.com> wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 04:10 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
>>
>> , and Fedora
>> doesn't even aim at being a replacement for Windows.
>

>    If seeking a linux windows look-alike then maybe zorin may be it?
>   ¨Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system specifically for Windows
> users who want to have easy and smooth access to Linux.¨
>
>     http://zorin-os.com/

Thanks for the tip.  I will look into it.  For the moment, Ubuntu has
done what I expected it to and what I needed it to.  I don't need a
windozey look and feel.  I prefer a command line most of the time, and
part of what I was bitching about here is at least as much a problem
for Windows as for any Linux distribution: where in the GUI have they
hidden that knob or switch now?

As for the bullies here who think of themselves as the Internet police
but who in reality are no better than a street gang, make the world a
better place and find a competent therapist.

Robert Myers.