And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 01:08:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I mean that the underlying packages are the same, the Flash plug-in is
> the same as it is one proprietary piece of software originating from
> Adobe.
>
> The same applies to virtualization, as you can run KVM or Virtualbox
> on both. The OP said that he couldn't run a Flash app on Fedora, but
> apparently can in Ubuntu, that's "highly illogiccal", given the same
> binary plug-in available in both distros. ;-)

Not only can't you spell, but apparently you can't read.  Either that,
or you have no regard for accuracy when making claims as to what
others have said.  I have never said that you can't run Flash on
Fedora.  Historically, though, just as with NetBIOS, it has been a
pain of the kind that is apparently heaven for some kinds of computer
weenies.  It isn't for me.  On Ubuntu, NetBIOS and Flash run right out
of the box, which they never have for me on Fedora.

> Gee, thanks for lecturing me on what a distro is and the point that
> different distros have different origins. DOH! *rolleyes*

You've got the rolling eyes in the wrong head.  D'oh.

Robert Myers