SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Fri Jul 6 18:55:29 UTC 2012

Will guys I want to thank all of you that help me on this project.

This computer crashed four days after I gave it to my friend ,he said he
just exited from playing his Games to logging onto the internet with
Firefox. and something popped up about robo.......... and he could not
restart computer.
It would come up to "rescue grub" at bootup, I checked the partitions
with gparted it changed the  / an /home partitions to "UNKNOWN".  It
crashed two partitions

I finally got the img of sda2 on to external hard drive 26gb.

Then I did a e2fsck /dev/sda2 it took e2fsck about 45 mins to fix the
sda2 partition , One of Two users /home directories was totally gone ,
the one tjhat was being used at CRASH time.  But the one that was not
being used and had the important data to be saved was still intact.

I have never seen a Linux computer crashed this bad.

THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS THAT DEVELOPE  E2FSCK.