Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 02:01:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I beg to differ. I for one see that some folks are angry about his
>> postings. He has the right to post/complain/rant/.../etc. Or am I
>> mistaken? Are we under a new law? a new world government where people
>> cannot speak their minds?
>
> I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I feel many
> posters are angry because the OP has consistently insulted the community
> starting from the very first post to this thread. Thinly veiled indirect
> insults are still insults, and against list guidelines.
>
> I witheld from posting to this thread so far, but your message
> supporting(?) the OP seemed to deserve an explanation from my side why
> even a passive reader might feel offended and bear some resentment
> towards the OP.

Some might feel offended?  I'm shocked.  Glad you told me.  Over and
over and over again.  Otherwise, I might never have known.

The self-righteousness.  The need for self-justification. You don't
fix such things by beating other people up, whether literally or
figuratively.

I've stayed partly to confirm to myself that, yes, indeed, people can
and do behave this way.

Here's a rule for you.  If you are in a group situation and someone
has been singled out for repeated criticism or abuse, either stay out
of it or step in and stop it.  Otherwise, you are just another bully,
and this group is filled with them.

Rationalize from now until doomsday, and you won't change the
conclusion.  A single person might be 100% wrong on any given issue,
but a mob is *never* right.  One person being wrong is just one person
being wrong.  What difference does it make?

If, on the other hand, you don't understand how dangerous,
destructive, and repulsive mob behavior is, then, as I have suggested
already, get some help.  You are a menace to a peacefully-functioning
society.

Robert Myers