Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 02:11:13 UTC 2012

--- On Fri, 7/6/12, Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out
To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012, 6:41 PM

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Antonio,

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Antonio Olivares

<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I beg to differ. I for one see that some folks are angry about his

> postings. He has the right to post/complain/rant/.../etc. Or am I

> mistaken? Are we under a new law? a new world government where people

> cannot speak their minds?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I feel many

posters are angry because the OP has consistently insulted the community

starting from the very first post to this thread. Thinly veiled indirect

insults are still insults, and against list guidelines.

I witheld from posting to this thread so far, but your message

supporting(?) the OP seemed to deserve an explanation from my side why

even a passive reader might feel offended and bear some resentment

towards the OP.

Hope to help each other in a more productive thread,

--

Suvayu

Clarification please: OPĀ

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

--

Which OP?  My post or the True original OP?

Here's original post

http://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/fedora-users/msg419911.html

My post was to suggest that he had a right to post what he posted.
Other users don't agree.

The guidelines here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

I don't know which one he violated, other than all CAPS word HOWEVER.
He appears to not insult the (Red Hat)community since he posted:

``I've been using Red Hat and then Fedora for a long time.  The only
reason I've stuck with Fedora this long is that I am very grateful to
Red Hat for its contribution to the community. ''

I don't know if there is anything wrong here.  I just see that some users are not appreciative of his words or that he is upset with Fedora Development, and he has his right of stating what he stated.

If it is me that needs to respond, please let me know and I will clarify my statements.

Suvayu,

I did not notice any insults in the first post.  The others or responses, then have generated some back n 4th dialogue, and I also agree with your statement:

``Hope to help each other in a more productive thread,''

Regards,

Antonio