Fedora 18 and UEFI onlist

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 04:08:44 UTC 2012

On 07/07/2012 11:37 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> so NO microsoft is not in any position to control the x86
>> market
>> if they try federal commissions and the european union are
>> the
>> first rember them on their own history (maybe you are not
>          ^(remember)
>> aware of
>> because too young)
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
>>
>> --
> There were cases ***but*** nothing ever happened to Micro$oft.  They still continued to win.  They apparently focused on making the secure boot in UEFI their way to cast out Open Source OSes from booting without a key or disable the secure boot thing.  If things sadly continue in decline with regards to SCOTUS, anything can happen :(  see (1), (2) and (3) and in case the bad times(economic) continue then (4) may happen and then they (EU) will not be able to stop it from happening :(
>
> Regards,
>

> Antonio
>

> (1) Patriot Act
> (2) NDAA
> (3) ObamaCare
> (4) Fall of Euro(nationalization again, dissolution of European nations, all going back to their old currencies(monies), British pound, Italian lira, French frank, Spain peseta, German mark, ..., etc.  The economic crisis could cause all of this to collapse and the bailouts of Greece, Spain, ..., etc.  Sooner or later it can bust so who will stop M$ from doing whatever they want?

In a perfect world the PEOPLE would stop Microsoft! We've seen it in
history time & time again, the masses get to "that point" of having had
ENOUGH!....and they proceed to do what NEEDS to be done to set the
imbalance of the order of things back in order! Whether this means a
boycott, a petition, or something more drastic (vandalism, destruction
of property etc.) SOMETHING gets done UNTIL the "idiots-in-charge"
finally get the picture and change the policy or what-have-you to
something that all can live with and abide by!

EGO II