Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 05:25:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to worry.  Just as soon as you stop talking about me, I'll
> disappear.  If you want to refer to someone by their last name, it is
> customary to use the appropriate honorific, the last name by itself
> being taken as rude.  In my case, the appropriate honorific would be
> Dr.  So address me or refer to me as Robert or Dr. Myers, not Myers or
> Mr. Myers.

Myers:

Since when did you get the insane idea that you could somehow control
others, much less how we address you? Newsflash: that's not how this
Hobbesian state of nature that we live in works. Me thinks you need some
more education - this time in political science, because you're an idiot.
First you come in here shooting your degrading mouth off in disrespect to
the rest of us, and then you have the gawd-damn gall to demand that we
respect you? Where the f--k did you get this crazy idea? Respect is earned,
my friend (using the term very loosely). What you chose to do instead is to
treat us all like pee-ons, which results in the treatment you receive now.

What did you get your Ph.D. in? Basket-weaving? Because it sure seems that
you missed some very important classes: like the one that teaches you how
to respect others in order to get respect back. You, sir, are not worth
your papers. Clean up your act and perhaps, 20 years down the road, you may
earn our respect.