Fedora 18 and UEFI

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jul 8 07:43:41 UTC 2012

On 08.07.2012, suvayu ali wrote:

> PS: If you are wondering, what I took from the thread, it's going to be
>     a pain if at some point the optional requirement to secure boot is
>     removed.

This reminds me on the past, before the mainboard/BIOS manufacturers
picked it up as an sales-idea: people (overclockers)had to search for, download and
flash/burn a modified BIOS for their mainboards to get access to CPU-
memory- and busclock settings. Now you can buy mainboards which even
have "dynamic overclocking", and nearly all BIOSes contain a bunch of
tunables to shoot yourself in the foot.

I have no difficulties to imagine a similar scenario, where people buy
their mainboard because they know that a modified BIOS exists for,
which reinforces the "disable secure boot"...