Hardware vendors

Edward M edwardm1 at live.com
Sun Jul 8 20:06:40 UTC 2012

On 07/08/2012 09:42 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
> Now that I'm done with Dell, I've priced out systems on Ohava, zareason,
> and System76. The quotes come out with insignificant dollar differences.
> Do you have any experience with these vendors?
>
> A few comments;
>
> 1) No, I don't want to assemble my own machine from parts.
> 2) I plan to install Fedora 17
> 3) Looking at a quad core i5-3550, 8GB memory, standard "intel advanced
> graphics" rather than a more expensive Radeon card.
> 4) 500GB SATA disk
> 5) mini- or mid-tower case
     probably Los Alamos Computers may do.

     They specialize in linux and their regular customers include
     NASA / Jet Propulsion Lab, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Caltech, Yale
School of Medicine,
     Lockheed Martin, United Technologies, several U.S. government
agencies, and many more

      http://laclinux.com/en/Linux_Computers