Fedora 18 and UEFI onlist

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:22:47 UTC 2012

Upon looking back to when I first started finding an interest in Linux,
the biggest "problem" I had?......was deciding WHICH distro to install!
There were TONS of them!....from the Debian & Debian-based, to the Gnome
styles, to the KDE's....LXDE's....LXFCE etc. I finally figured out that
KDE was too "advanced" for me, and that Gnome suited me fine. I think
that the Cloud technology that has recently emerged is prompting
Microsoft to make these moves, it's sort of "forcing their hand" if they
don't get a handle on the Linux community NOW....then how could they
POSSIBLY expect to control them out in the cloud? There'd be developers
depositing code out there where ANYONE could get it and do with it as
they please...and M$ would lose billions of potential revenue from
charging for the access to that said code. I guess from M$'s POV it
makes sense to attak it now, before it can get any worse, although
looking at it from a Linux disciple, it's ALREADY a globally used and
acknowledged OS....so I don't see HOW it could get any worse for
M$!.....In the end it's like that old adage says: "Necessity Is The
Mother Of Invention"....what will become necessary for Linux to continue
to thrive will be "invented" by those who can......and this in turn will
benefit those of us who cannot! I for one am glad I discovered Linux,
and plan on using it until I can't use it any more!.....LoL!

EGO II