sendmail

roland roland at cat.be
Tue Jul 10 05:26:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:41:31 +0200,
<users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Once upon a time, roland <roland at cat.be> said:
>> I suppose that if one uses the ESMTP option, one has to install esmtp
>> and
>> configure it as needed.
>> as discribed in :
>> http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/send-mail-with-esmtp-for-a-simple-single-user-system/232
> No, that's a program that is confusingly named the same as a protocol.
> Basically, almost all MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents, such as sendmail,
> postfix, exim) speak an enhanced version of the original SMTP protocol.
> ESMTP is what allows authentication, encryption, and more.
>
>> How do you tell sendmail to use esmtp as the email deliverer?
> sendmail will use the ESMTP protocol any time it connects to a server
> that says it supports ESMTP (when to telnet to the server on port 25 or
> 587, the banner line starts with "220 " if it supports ESMTP or just
> "200 " if it only supports the original SMTP with no extensions).

I did hat you were telling, and it works now. Thank you very much

OTHER QUESTION??

I'm using this server to communicate with smtp.auth.orange-business.com,
as you already understood and solved.
How can I use this server as a secure relay server for sending email to
orange?
I mean, use credentials, or restricting domains, connecting from the
outside world.

I wouldn't know where to put the credentials now.

--

Roland Brouwers

C.A.T.