TeXlive 2012 problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jul 10 22:35:26 UTC 2012

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> I think the solution is to remove texlive-preview and install
> tex-preview from the Fedora 17 repo.  The texlive repo no longer lists
> texlive-preview or tex-preview as a package.

Thanks for your response.
That did the trick.

Unfortunately when I try to LaTeX (or pdfLaTeX) a file I get the error
--------------------------
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012)
 restricted \write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
[tim at blanche Problems]$ pdflatex Problems-08
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012)
 restricted \write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

[tim at blanche Problems]$ sudo yum install tex-latex
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Package 1:tex-latex-svn23639-1.noarch already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Should these .fmt files be part of the latest Fedora TeXlive distribution?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net