Can't boot Linux after motherboard change

goineasy9 at aol.com goineasy9 at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 01:45:39 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com>
To: Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Tue, Jul 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Subject: Re: Can't boot Linux after motherboard change

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:

Paolo,

We don't know that for sure - it may have been scratched or somehow damaged in the interim - though, quite possibly, you are right.

Boris.

Boris,
  the DVD isn't defective since it's what I used to install F16 on the hard disk.  I'm starting to believe I have another defective motherboard :-(

Paolo

I let the system sit powered off for a while and then booted the F16 DVD and it booted fine and mounted the file systems just fine.  However, when I tried to boot off the disk it got to the point of telling me it needed to do a selinux relabel and then powered off.

Paolo

At the Grub screen when booting off of the Hard Disk, add selinux=0 to the kernel line.  This will hopefully prevent the selinux relabel.