Missing Something.....

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:07:48 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 12:34 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 11:36 AM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> I'm trying to find out how to "fix" an isue with my laptop. Every time I start it
>> up and after logging in, I get an error message telling me that
>> "telepathy-butterfly" has either crashed or else there's some problem with it. I've
>> searched and searched, and all I can find is a link leading to Bugzilla. My
>> question is this, how do I find out the solution to this problem? I've read all the
>> info on the Bugzilla site but it just lists a lot fo information that I don't know
>> how to use. versions of software, and these things called "backtraces"...I know
>> it's only a minor issue compared to those who are losing their data because of
>> faulty hard drives or something, but its just an annoyance I really wish I could
>> solve without having to get too technically involved Can anyone help me out?...
>>
>> Here's a copy of the actual error message I'm constantly getting upon start up:
>>
>> [abrt] telepathy-butterfly-0.5.15-3.fc15:
>> aliasing.py:144:_contact_alias_changed:AttributeError: 'Profile' object has no
>> attribute 'infos'
>>

> Well.....  according to 'yum info' telepathy-butterfly is
>
> An MSN connection manager that handles presence, personal messages, and conversations.
>
> Are you using Empathy or KDE Telepathy and have an MSN account set up?  If you do,
> can you connect?
>
> FWIW, in F17 telepathy-butterfly seems no longer supplied.

Thanks for the speedy reply Ed! I AM using Pidgin, and I DO have an MSN
account which connects, but ONLY when I open that program. ...I didn't
think it would be running before that point. Also I didn't really plan
on upgrading to FC17 until way into the future. (A throwback reaction
from my Windows days.....give it "time" for every bug, glitch, and quirk
to be FULLY worked out!)

EGO II