Motherboards

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:20:31 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 03:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> With the comments of I have no problems with them, versus I've nothing
>> but problems with them, I wonder whether this is due to different people
>> getting boards made for them in different countries.  Or, a distribution
>> channel that damages boards in transit.
> Or different generations of motherboards having particular problems: I
> saw several Asus motherboards (I think they were from the A8N family),
> bought at different times from different suppliers, where the chipset
> fan died after a year or two.
>
> If you bought a motherboard where the chipset didn’t need a fan, you
> wouldn’t see that problem…
>
> James

I too also have seen some Asus mobo's that seemed to have lasted forever
in their daily use, and others that have crapped out by the second or
third month of their existence. I guess it's the luck of the draw when
it comes to that brand, or else it's something that has to do with what
"batch" your mobo came from.

EGO II