F17 - evolution stops accepting input

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 09:42:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

Since updating my PC to F17 every so often the 'evolution' mail client
stops accepting input to various windows. For example, if I am sending a
new message, then I can enter the recipient, the subject line and start
to type the message. If, as has just happened, I change the layout from
'preformatted' to 'normal' then I can no longer enter any more of the
message. Nothing is accepted. Generally I discard the message, and start
again. (I don't think going from preformatted to normal is the cause,
that was just an example of when this has happened.)

I have had the same problem when entering mail filtering rules. I can
enter the rule name, but cannot, for example, enter the rule itself
based (say) on the subject. Again, no input is accepted. In this
instance I had to enter the rule first, then the rule name.

Anyone any ideas about this?

Thanks.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001