Motherboards

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:05:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 05:35:40PM +1000, Gary Hodder wrote:

> Am looking at the Gigabyte ga-990fxa-d3, does this board play well with
> Linux as looking at putting it in what was the m4a79t box.

I have owned a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P since Jan 2009; it has never broken
down, neither has it ever given me driver troubles. I have been using it
as a workstation/light server since I bought it. It even survived a
trans-atlantic move! But beware, they don't officially support Linux,
although they do have OS independent utilites for backing up and
flashing BIOSes.

HTH

--
Suvayu