VM creation suggestions?

Jack Craig jack.craig.aptos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:10:28 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Trying to setup KVM on a new F16. I got a xp pro media/licence am trying to
use

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_virtualization#Creating_a_guest_with_virt-install

not reading closely enough, I tried this just inserting the dvd in my local
drive.

however, during the install, it rebooted to gui mode, asked for sp3 cdrom
for asms.
all attempt to re-reference the dvd fail.

reading closer, i find, ...

What is the install CD-ROM/ISO or URL? This is the path to a Fedora
installation tree in the format used by anaconda. NFS, FTP, and HTTP
locations are all supported. Examples include:

   - nfs:my.nfs.server.com:/path/to/test2/tree/
   - http://my.http.server.com/path/to/tree/
   - ftp://my.ftp.server.com/path/to/tree

as i just want a vm to load/use, each of these install staging options are
tedious.

Given the clever folks on this list, i thought to ask if anyone can suggest
a better approach, thx, jackc...