is this still true in F16?

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Fri Jul 13 21:21:42 UTC 2012

On 07/13/2012 02:21 PM, Jack Craig wrote:

>           Hi Folks,
>
> I am setting up KVM on F16 with an XP guest.
>

>           reading,
>

>           http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking
>
> i find, ...
>

>           Disabling NetworkManager
>

>           As of the time of writing (Fedora 12), NetworkManager still
>           does not support bridging,
>
> is this still so? Thx, ...

Yes, unfortunately.

It is possible for the 'network' service and the 'NetworkManager'
service to co-exist, but every update is hit and miss.

On my performance laptop I use a bridge for eth0 so that when I am at my
desk working KVM works well.  I also allow NetworkManager to control the
wireless card so when I am traveling and not working on VMs, the
wireless works like it should.

In the config files for the bridge and wired ethernet, I use
NM_CONTROLLED="no" to prevent NetworkManager from messing with them.

However, a recent update broke it again so I am upgrading to F17 today
to test this issue (and others).

Good Luck!