TeXlive 2012 problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jul 14 13:36:16 UTC 2012

hakova wrote:

>>> They are built on installation.  I think yum reinstall tex-\* texlive-\*
>>> will fix this.
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>> That did indeed solve the problem.

> This did not solve my problem.
> #yum check-update still lists the same packages to update and
> #yum update still reports the very same problem.
>
> Any other thoughts?

I think the problem I was talking about (as OP) was different to yours,
though I did have your problem earlier.
On this occasion, the problem arose when I tried to latex (or pdflatex)
a file, and I was told the .fmt file was not found.
Yum-reinstallation did solve this problem for me.

For the other problem with yum-update,
I found that yum-removing texlive-preview and yum-installing tex-preview
did the trick.
I have also disabled the fedora-updates-testing repo,
as this is no longer required to meet a problem with the R-core package.

As far as I can see, there has been a big change in the texlive setup
under Fedora-17, with most of the texlive-* packages re-named tex-*.
But it's been working perfectly for me,
as has yum-update which I run every couple of days.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net