Proposal request for ideas on naming Fedora releases.

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jul 20 04:47:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 00:46:41 -0300 Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> >  Seriously, I always thought that Fedora 18's code name should be a
> > celebration of Life.
>
> I vote for using Genesis albums and/or song names. For instance, how
> about "Fedora 18: Land of Confusion" (suppose a radical Gnome 4.0
> comes along ;-P). Or "Fedora 19: I can't dance". Fedora 20: Invisible
> Touch
>
> :-P
>
> No, really, why waste any serious time on this, at all?
> Just choose a scheme and stick to it. Cities, animals, whatever.
> FC

Absolutely, but stick to it. Though great names or things (perhaps only
deceased) would be a good one.

For instance, Higgs being alive, we could use "Boson" -- bet that would
be unique in software land....

Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional