Is Gnome becoming a Microsoft project?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 20 12:25:16 UTC 2012

Tim:
>> Yes, programmers seem to forget that just because you have X amount of
>> RAM and y CPU speed, that you don't want one program to use all of it by
>> itself.  You want to be able to do several things simultaneously.

Ian Malone
> Programmers generally write the programme to do what it's meant to do.

With barely a care for anything else...  My comment was not particularly
aimed at Java, but there are many times I've been using a computer only
to have one program bring it to its knees, and prevent me from doing
more than one thing at once.

Whether that be Java, or Flash, or anything else.  It seems far too
common that a programmer would not care that their program is
ridiculously inefficient to the point that multitasking becomes nearly
impossible.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686