Strange application lockups

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Fri Jul 20 12:42:18 UTC 2012

On 7/20/2012 01:12, Emmett Culley wrote:

> My system is running KDE and is fully updated (30 minutes ago) via the
> default repositories.
>
> Is any body else seeing this?

I have a similar, but perhaps more drastic, problem.

When I run KDE, *everything* will lock up after some undetermined amount
of time.  When I move the mouse the cursor moves on the screen, but
nothing updates.  I can't switch to another window or desktop; for all
intents and purposes the KDE session is dead.  To be honest, I can't
remember if the command line is accessible via telnet or ssh from
another machine, but I'm sure I could find out tonight.  This doesn't
happen at all in LXDE, which is what I tend to run to avoid these problems.

Likewise I am fully updated, but not only using default but also
RPMfusion repositories.

 -Don