Strange application lockups

Emmett Culley emmett at webengineer.com
Fri Jul 20 16:14:38 UTC 2012

Mine is a 64bit system and virtually all KDE packages are installed.  It has been happening since soon after installing (fresh) Fedora 17.

Like Don noted, when this is happening I have no problem switching between desktops, so plasma isn't the culprit, it seems.  Because I always see abrt-applet using lots of CPU cycles upon switching desktops to a "locked" app, I have been assuming it was related to a null pointer error in the kernel that was supposed to be fixed in 3.4.5-2 (BZ 838730).  Installing the kernel last night did not fix it.

Emmett