HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jul 22 20:01:15 UTC 2012

On 07/22/2012 12:40 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>     This is Fedora 17/64 XFCE. I have been trying to install a network
>     printer, HP-P1006 Laser Printer. No matter what I do when I get to
>     the end of the process and do a test page nothing prints, it just
>     shows Status: Stopped - Printer  error.
>
>     It seemed to require "hplip.plugin."  I've gone through the install
>     process several times, the last time with "setenforce=0" to no
>     avail. That via the Administration > Printer gui. I also tried CUPS
>     with similar results.

Two things: if you don't have hplip installed, install it and try again.
  Second, you don't mention any SELinux alerts, which means that it
isn't a factor.  Automatically disabling SELinux whenever things don't
go right is worse than waving a dead chicken over the issue; it's cargo
cult administration.  Yes, there was a time when it would cause problems
without notice, but that was years ago and the reasons for it have been
corrected.  I do hope that you've turned it back on!