remove avahi default services

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 23 14:54:25 UTC 2012

On 07/21/2012 06:24 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 21.07.2012 08:18, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> On 07/21/2012 01:26 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Why don't you just ....
>>>
>>> systemctl disable avahi-daemon.service
>> Or....if you want to discover...but don't want to announce...
>>
>> edit /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
>>
>> modify to change to....
>>
>> disable-publishing=yes
>>
>> and restart the service....
> the point is WHY are there services published by default
> which you can not disable in a proper way?
>
> there are setups as example netatalk servers where you
> want to publish afpd but NOT sshd/udisks

You seem to be asking a different question than you did originally.

In your first message you stated: "i do NOT want that my machines braodcasting any
services?"  But, now you are wanting to broadcast some....but just not sshd or udisks?

Could you clarify what your really want?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage