F17 External Monitor on 945GM

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Tue Jul 24 17:41:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/24/2012 04:20 PM, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
> > Yeah. It doesn't appear to be a hardware thing.  xrandr --auto --output
> > VGA1 --same-as LVDS1 does the same as merely connecting the monitor
> itself.
> > LCD flickers and comes back and the monitor does nothing. To me, the fact
> > that the LCD flickers sows it's scanning the new layout. The only way I
> get
> > any type of activity on the external monitor is to invoke the  keyboard
> > toggle Fn-F5. But as mentioned, things get ugly fast when I do that.
>
> As far as I can see there's not much more you can do.  I think you're
> looking at a real driver bug that needs reporting and fixing.
>
> Andrew.
>
> Thanks again Andrew.

Alrighty then. To be honest I'm not entirely certain how to do that. As is,
what info to collect and to what project would I submit said info!?  Sorry.
I have little experience in submitting bugs but I'd like to contribute what
I can...Sure someone will encounter this that could use the reference.
Obviously I wouldn't mind having the fix myself as well ;)

Thanks
Phil