F17 takes so long to reboot/poweroff

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:10:50 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 04:49 AM, Bob Marcan wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:00:11 +0200
> Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
>

>> I'm not convinced that boot up time is irrelevant. Maybe for some use
>> cases it isn't but for other it is very important that your system boots
>> as quick as possible. Besides, why should I (poor computer user) waste
>> my time waiting while my system is performing internal tasks such as
>> start up and shutdown? In a perfect world there are no such things as
>> boot up/shutdown, you just touch the muse or press a key or open up a
>> lid in your notebook and the system is there ready for you. Wasn't this
>> the reason why computing has evolved in last 40 years?
>>

>> Mateusz Marzantowicz
> In not so perfect world:
> When i start my car, i'm waiting until all test are performed and
> red lights are turning off.
> BR, Bob

I would think that the speed with which a system starts up / shuts down
would be dependent upon what the machine was built to do. If you've got
a computer that's being used in a corporate environment, it might make
it more efficient, help the "core values" of the business and just be a
machine easier to administer if it's got a quick startup/shutdown time.
On the other hand if its just for personal use, and depending on if
you're running some application that is critical to you, then the times
might not be as important as actually having the applications and the
programs on the computer working. Just my 2 cents.

EGO II