Export restrictions legalese in Fedora scare would-be local mirror

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:45:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice work!

Let's not open the champagne until the mirror is formal and announced.
Just looked and they seem to have run out of space while populating
the mirror, apparently they did a rsync of F1* so they got from 10 to
15 :).

I have now emailed them with details about an exclude.txt and how to
exclude FCx to F15 and just mirror F16 and F17.

By the way, I think the normal site should put all obsoleted versions
under an /obsolete subdir...

Or conversely, put the actively supported releases under
/Fedora/current. Although I think the first approach is clearer.
That way no mirror would decide to mirror "obsolete" releases unless
they *really* intend to...

Whatd'ya think?.

FC