Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:36:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
> Zim
> gnote
> tomboy
> and some others.
>
> Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?

Using Zim here; Gnote is/was in the past equal to Tomboy but the fact
that every note was opened in a separate window was annoying.
There are some others like cherrytree but I wanted a simpler GUI. I
used Keepnote in the past but it was slow and required a workaround to
launch.

If having too many options does not bother you, go here:
http://alternativeto.net/software/zim---a-desktop-wiki/?platform=linux
. Personally I got so many options to try I decided to ignore the site
:p