Apache2 directory listing problem F16

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Fri Jul 27 15:55:18 UTC 2012

I'm trying to get apache2 to allow me to list files and directories on
my netbook for use as a public repo to let my kids copy them if they
want them.

The problem is, no matter what I do, I get an access denied error.  By
default apache2 has INDEXES enabled for DOCROOT, but to be on the safe
side I added a new directory directive for <DOCROOT/pics> and set
INDEXES.  Still nothing.

Then it occurred to me that selinux might be screwing with me, so I hit
the troubleshooter and followed the directions for setting up a new
policy for enabling directory access and used semodule to enable it.

Still no go.  Anything else I can do to fix this? There's nothing really
in the access or error logs that help.  The apache user is owner and the
perms are correct.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
markh at abemblem.com
Linux marius.homelinux 3.4.4-4.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux