Question for Evolution users.

Mark C. Allman mcallman at allmanpc.com
Fri Jul 27 21:07:29 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 10:46 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Since "time immemorial" when you deleted as mail message in evolution
> the message entry on the screen gets a line through it but the entry
> remains.
>
> Now on both my Fedora 17 installations when a message is deleted the
> entry appears briefly with a line through it but it immediately
> disappears.
>
> Are others getting the same behavior or have I missed an option in the
> preferences?
> --
> Ask five economists and you'll get five different explanations (six if
> one went to Harvard). -- Edgar R. Fiedler
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net

On the "View" menu there's an option to "Show Deleted Messages."  As I
understand it when you delete a message Evolution will draw a
strike-through line over the message and also remove the message from
the display unless "Show Deleted Messages" is checked.

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM
Founder, See How You Ski