Fedora 16 Installation and mysql installation

Manish Kathuria mkathuria at tuxtechnologies.co.in
Sun Jul 29 04:20:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Prashanth Kasula
<prashanthkasula at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> We brought a new box from HP having 64 bit architecture with raid 5 , 16 GB
> RAM , 500 GB each H.D.D now started installing with Fedora 16, by using the
> default partition scheme of fedora and got installed sucessfully ,started
> facing troubles in getting crashed firefox , now not able to set the
> password for mysql.
>

> If any body can help me for the above soln appreciate
> --
> Prashanth Kasula
>
> .

There isn't any information why firefox crashed. But if you have
configured the network and can access the internet, update firefox to
the latest version using the command:

# yum update firefox

In case you have not set the mysql password so far use the following command:

# mysqladmin -u root -p PASSWORD

where PASSWORD is the password you want to set for mysql

Also run

# mysqladmin -u root -h HOSTNAME -p PASSWORD

where HOSTNAME is your system's hostname

--
Manish Kathuria