update from another machine

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jul 29 19:19:56 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 12:10 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At home I have a slow internet connection,  Thus, I would like to
> prepare an update but only download the packages to another
> machine and then copy the file on a stick to make the update from
> the stick.
>
> How can I do it?

My thought is to use yum to check for updates, redirecting the output to
a file.  Take that file to your other box and use it to download the
files onto the stick.  One warning: doing this won't find any new
dependencies, so you may have problems getting everything properly
updated.  I'm sure there are ways to work around this, but I've never
needed them so I don't know.