External disk problem.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 30 10:20:53 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 06:16 PM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> In this case a suggestion that for whatever reason the kernel hasn't
> properly dealt with the removal of the device that had been assigned to
> sdd (it presumably existed at some point for the sysfs path to have been
> created).

Fresh install, 2 days ago....  Never had a drive there...  And Never had a drive in sdc either...

[egreshko at meimei block]$ cat /sys/block/sdc/device/state
running

> If you're not getting entries in the logs when the problem happens you
> can either look at other ways to get the logs out (e.g. serial console)
> or you can try suspending and resuming from the console to see if
> anything is printed (I have no idea if you are or not - you haven't
> actually described the problem you are seeing so I'm just assuming it's
> the "same" as Erik described since you are replying to his thread).

I don't have *any* problems on my system....  I never said I did....check the archive.

I am simply dubious that this "state" has any valid meaning.