Configuring graphics(resolution) on Dell Vostro 460 i5

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:19:33 UTC 2012

On Monday, 30. July 2012. 18.43.13 Oscar Vidal wrote:
> I tried already these commands and these are the outputs:
>
> # lspci | grep -i vga
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0de2 (rev a1)

You have a nVidia graphics card, which is not (yet) recognized by the Fedora's
native (nouveau) driver. It will become better in the (near/far/whenever)
future, but for now you probably want to install the closed-source nVidia
driver if you want to have resolution better than 1024x768.

You can do this by enabling the rpmfusion repository (google for rpmfusion and
follow instructions on their website), and then by doing

  yum install kmod-nvidia

as root. After this is done, you should reboot and everyhting should become
better automatically.

HTH, :-)
Marko