Check your /etc/default/grub, if you use raid 1.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 29 14:25:26 UTC 2012

Am 29.07.2012 16:19, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 10:02:00 -0400,
>   Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>> There's a long standing combination of two bugs: the list of rd.md.uuid boot parameters generated by anaconda for
>> /etc/default/grub may not include the raid uuid of non-stock partitions like /home; and although the ramfs
>> initscript autodiscovers all raid volumes present, sometimes (not always, I'll estimate 5% of the time) if a uuid
>> is not enumerated in the boot parameters, one of the drives in the raid 1 volume may not get assembled at boot.
>
> My raid info is /etc/mdadm.conf and that is what gets used by dracut when building an initramfs as far as I can tell.

in theory

sam is right and the problem exists since F16

you have to add all your UUIDs from /etc/mdadm.conf with MD_UUID=<youruuid>
entries to the kernel line or you are randomly boot with degrared arrays

it does not help to have the driver in initramfs if the arrays are not s
tarted correct, it must also be used properly from the system

maybe tehre are people affected even not recognize their degraded arrays
until it is too late