How to debug high system load?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:45:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 08:21:57AM -0700, Jack Craig wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I did mention it. I also tried many other things all of which I reported
> > back to the list. You can find the gory details in the archive.
> >
> > <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2012-July/thread.html#
> > 421944>
>
> Interesting! So the audio chip is the culprit or just the most recent
> candidate?

Are you refering to the Intel HD audio chipsets issue?  I don't think
so, because I haven't had any problems with audio in quite a while.
Moreover I think my hardware was not one of the affected ones:

  product: 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio
  vendor: Intel Corporation

As I mentioned in my earlier posts; it seemed like a file system issue,
but then I'm no expert.  Would interesting to know what was causing the
problem though.  Maybe I'll reboot to the older kernel when I have some
time and see if I can replicate it.

--
Suvayu