FW: Red Hat Will Pay Microsoft To Get Past UEFI Restrictions

J.Witvliet at mindef.nl J.Witvliet at mindef.nl
Fri Jun 1 08:00:26 UTC 2012

From: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Javier Perez
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:54 AM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Subject: Re: Red Hat Will Pay Microsoft To Get Past UEFI Restrictions

Tommy, you are exactly right on all of your points.

The Fedora people say that they would rather not go back to the times of compatibility lists to find out what hardware worked with the system.

I'd rather go back to compatibility lists and give my gold to whichever hardware manufacturer caters to my needs than give MS the kind of veto power they would have with secure boot as currently defined.

JP
Perhaps an other option: replacing the UEFI-BIOS by an opensource bios that doesn't hold those ridiculous restrictions?
Hw