cannot create-md on DRBD with external meta-disk

Lutz Griesbach lgr at elgonzo.com
Fri Jun 1 15:24:37 UTC 2012

Hey Bryn,

Thank you for your answer.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Bryn M. Reeves <bmr at redhat.com> wrote:

> - From the parse error you're getting it seems like drbd is expecting an
> index following the device parameter. According to the documentation
> that should be optional:
>
> "meta-disk internal, meta-disk device, meta-disk device [index]
>
>  http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html
>
> It shouldn't matter (imho) but I've usually seen resources like this
> defined with disk appearing before meta-disk and with device defined
> in the parent resource (it should get inherited by the two fed-17-*
> blocks), or with nothing in the parent and device/disk/meta-disk
> defined in volume sections on individual hosts.

i also tried something like:

resource cos62 {

        on fed17-1 {
                address 10.1.1.23:7789;
                device /dev/drbd0;
                #meta-disk internal;
                meta-disk /dev/vg_drbd/lv-cos62-drbd-meta;
                disk    /dev/vg_drbd/lv-cos62-drbd;
        }
        on fed17-2 {
                address 10.1.1.24:7789;
                device /dev/drbd0;
                #meta-disk internal;
                meta-disk /dev/vg_drbd/lv-cos62-drbd-meta;
                disk    /dev/vg_drbd/lv-cos62-drbd;
        }
}

as you described but the parse error still appears.

[root at fed17-2 drbd.d]# drbdadm create-md cos62
drbd.d/cos62.res:8: Parse error: '[' expected,
        but got ';' (TK 59)

Also i am not sure, if the parse error is exactly the meta-disk, but
the error is quoting line 8, wich is the meta-disk entry

Cheers,

Lutz