Red Hat Will Pay Microsoft To Get Past UEFI Restrictions

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 17:24:35 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 10:08 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 08:35 AM, Thibault NĂ©lis wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, this would only affect OEMs and Windows users who want to
>> install their copy of Windows on machines they assemble themselves (or
>> in any way non-approved by Microsoft).  Do we really care about them?
>
> I sure do!  The only PC's I've ever owned that were pre-built were
> laptops.  I'm not a hardware geek, but one of my friends is, and when
> it's time to upgrade, we get together, buy parts and he puts them
> together.  I pay him with a tank of gas and a good, home cooked dinner
> because among other things, I'm a cooking geek.
Thiebalt... What anattitude: "Do we care about them"...
I to, like Joe Zeff, have assembled my dektops from bits
and pieces that I could afford and were the best at the price
I was willing to shell out. I think there must be thousands
of nerds like us out there.
But what do you care....
This is a first step of building a tyrannical system....
After the first step, the screws get tightened even further...step by step.
Always try to find who stand to make bug bucks from initiatives like these.
It's all about control and through control, charge fees and get filthy rich.