Fedora 16 continously rebooting

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:24:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Armelius Cameron <armeliusc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> My F16 system seems to have gotten to a very strange state.
>
> This is where the strangeness started. I was able to boot it back, but
> then it
> keeps rebooting after the boot process is done. It would get to the state
> where I need to log in, and within several second, it would reboot itself.
> This happens over and over.
>
> Just for the record: I hit the same issue again just now, with a clean
reinstall of Fedora 16. It seem that I've hit an old bug 575417. I've tried
all the suggestions in this thread (including reloading the BIOS default
and re-creating initramfs) and none of them work. Using the same workaround
there (blacklisting iTCO_wdt) seems to resolve the issue. I'll see if I can
re-open the bug.

Best
AC