Yum is going berserk!

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:29:07 UTC 2012

On 6/3/2012 11:18 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 07:35 PM, David wrote:
>> it just occurred to that you are Newbie enough that you don't understand
>> the way that this works.
>
> Excuse me, but I don't think you realize that I've been using Fedora
> since FC6, and was using various RedHat versions since around 1998.  I'm
> well aware how yum works as I've been using it for more than a decade. I
> also know that if there's not been an update to cups, and
> package-cleanup --dupes doesn't list two versions of it, yum is not,
> repeat NOT supposed to be removing it, but yum-complete-transaction
> certainly wanted to.  Now, I suggest that you take your foot out of your
> mouth and stop patronizing your elders.

Well excuse me. I have been using Linux since before Fedora existed.
Back to Redhat 5.0. or so. But you obviously are a Fedora Linux Expert.
Please feel free to shoot yourself in the foot by *NOT* following the
standard troubleshooting solutions as prescribed but the Fedora developers.

Enjoy what you broke and what you refuse to fix by following the
standard instructions.

I'm done here.

PLONK! Joe Zeff
--