Red Hat Will Pay Microsoft To Get Past UEFI Restrictions

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:39:48 UTC 2012

On 06/04/2012 01:47 AM, Thibault NĂ©lis wrote:
> .
>
> In my opinion, a better question would be "When will alternative
> organizations to Microsoft will appear to offer the same services?",
> and with that one I'd actually worry they might never come, even
> though we need them.

So, if all the linux distros put their "heads" together and create a single
Linux signature authority, which will serve all the distros, and be funded
largely by the industry (which sell linux servers - such as IBM, among
others),
and other for-money linux distros, such as Red Hat; then this will go a long
way towards making linux totally independent of MS as far as key signatures
are concerned.