Fedora 15 versus 17, files missing on the same filesystem

Pavel Lisy pali at tmapy.cz
Mon Jun 4 10:26:18 UTC 2012

Thibault Nélis píše v Po 04. 06. 2012 v 11:25 +0200:
> Did you copy the data at the filesystem level or at the volume level?
> (In other words, did you copy the files themselves or the whole
> volume/partition block by block?)

I copied files in gnome. Data are on the same filesystem/disk space
(LVM over raid1). I mount this filesystem on boot time
It means,
when I boot Fedora 15, there are mounted in /mnt/music
when I boot Fedora 17, there are mounted in /mnt/music too
but it is the same disk space (I hope)

> In the former case, I wouldn't worry too much, it might just be the
> result of the natural defragmentation of your files.  To reassure
> yourself, you could use one of the many tools for comparing file trees,
> or a simple combination of `find', `diff' and maybe your preferred
> checksum tool if you have time.

See above, I cannot user rsync because it is one disk space accessed
from to OS in different time (after reboot)

Pavel

--
Pavel Lisy <pali at tmapy.cz>
T-MAPY spol. s r.o.