[SOLVED] Re: Fedora 16 Lost File Associations

spm sm0564 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 16:42:40 UTC 2012

I finally found the answer with the right Google keywords.

It appears that the mime database just needed to be rebuilt.

The last update must have screwed it up.

I applied as root:

update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
chmod 664 /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

Everything came back after logging out and back in.

Thanks.