Headless F16->F17

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:46:03 UTC 2012

On 06/04/2012 02:11 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> yes and no the instructions from wiki are working fine if you make a
> own grub-entry and do not forget remove it after conversion BUT you
> need someone for a pwoer-cycle after the upgrade because "reboot" ends
> in a kerenl-panic directly after upgrade (tested in a virtual machine
> with 4 dsiks / RAID 10)
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_16_-.3E_Fedora_17

Thank you. I am sorry I missed these. This worked perfectly on two
machines (one of which just has a screwy firmware that won't boot from a
SATA DVD).

The only caveat is that many services that were initd style in F16 and
not systemd don't start properly. This includes zabbix server and agent.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"No cause, no God, no abstract idea can justify the mass slaughter of
innocents." -- Edward Said