Fedora 17 not booting after installing akmod nvidia driver

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:26:20 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 02:52 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Swapnil Bhartiya
> <swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 06/05/2012 07:46 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
>>> $ /sbin/lsmod | grep nouveau
>>
>> nouveau 785681 1
>> nxm_wmi  12823 1 nouveau
>> wmi      18697 2 mxm_wmi, nouveau
>> video    18980 1 nouveau
>> drm_kms_helper 40409 1 nouveau
>> ttm 79709 1 nouveau
>> drm 241920 3 ttm, drm_kms_helper, nouveau
>> i2c_core 38028 4 drm_kms_helper, nouveau, i2c_i801
>
> Yup, nouveau is still being loaded, probably from your initrd. As long
> as this happens the nvidia driver will not be able to load, period.
> This may be because you're dual booting that for some reason the
> initrd isn't being updated properly?

Is there any way I can tweak the Ubuntu Grub? This is my main machine so
that solution will be better as I keep couple of distros on the system
and fedora can't detect them so I keep Ubuntu Grub. If not I can take a
risk, just for the sake of testing and getting it resolved, and
reinstall Fedora and install Grub.

Swapnil